22 September 2007

A Quick Update

It feels like a long time since I visited an Internet cafe. It´s simply that the days have been so full.

I am currently in Puerto Iguazu. The last two days have been spent at and around the Falls. They are very spectacular and the surrounding park bursting with wildlife. There is much to write about but it will have to wait until after tomorrow´s trip to the Brazilian side of the Falls.

After that I get one of the luxury Argentinian buses overnight to Santa Fe. I want to go to Rosario but there are no direct buses at a convenient time. I am trusting that there will be lots of buses from Santa Fe to Rosario to get me there in time for the Golden Oldies hockey festival.

I know you are busting to ask, so I will tell you that yes, I have seen toucans. They are quite common around the Falls area and very spectacular.

I make no promises about when the next post will be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, You have experienced, in a very brief time, many of the things I adore most about Paraguay: people who are spontaneously generous with their time (sometimes TOO chatty, but your language barrier has helped you there!); drinking terere with strangers; sudden, abundant rain showers; vori vori; and CHEAP COLD beer which tastes equally good with either asaditos or hamburgers. I was thrilled reading your memoirs & thank you for including us in the adventure. Oh, and cheers for being such an expert bus rider and hitchhiker. You are halfway to being Paraguayan, already. Meanwhile, Iguazu Falls is an absolutely spectacular place, glad you are there. SUERTE and enjoy your trip to Rosario! P.S. I am somewhat alarmed that Santa Maria's "tourist attracions" have closed down (there was a great little Jesuit museum, too)...but sounds like the experience with the park tender and monkeys was worth it