28 July 2007

Back from the Jungle

I carefully planned to update the blog on my way to Puerto Maldonado but Cusco Airport had no Internet access. Quite remarkable.

Having dealt with my emails, this cafe at Cusco bus station will close in 15 minutes so this will have to be very quick.

I have my photos up to Machu Picchu downloaded to CD so I can start illustrating the blog. Hooray. Some of the pics are really good.

My trip to the jungle was very good, despite some very untropical weather. Read all about it in a post coming soon. Animals, birds ands swimming in a piraƱa-infested river! The lodge even had some tame forest-dwellers so there will eventually be pictures of macaws and a tapir. Photos of truly wild creatures were taken but may need Photoshopping as well as extreme good luck to be worthwhile posting.

I am booked on the 8pm bus to Arequipa, from where I will find a trip to Colca Canyon and, with a bit of luck, wild condors. I will make time to post more entries. I now have the trek, Machu Picchu and the jungle to write about.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

No comments: